Prophetic Counseling is one of the ministries we make available in Father’s Heart Ministry. Prophetic Counseling is much like Personal Prophecy except that it is interactive in nature and involves more time. The anointing is often much heavier in this setting which explains why the scriptures speak often of kings and leaders “sitting before the prophet” and finding keys to overcome in battle, surmount massive obstacles and fulfill their destiny.
Prophetic counseling is different from pastoral counseling:
Eph. 4:11 lists the different ministries in the Christian tradition. Two of those five listed are pastor and also prophet.
A pastor deals with your problem. A prophet deals with your potential.
The Father told me this once: “They don’t want to deal with their sin what makes you think I want to? I SO do NOT want to deal with their sin that I nailed it to a cross 2000 years ago so I wouldn’t have to face it every day…”.
A pastoral counselor brings practical wisdom from a biblical standpoint regarding problems in life a counselee might be experiencing.
A prophetic counselor is different from a pastor in that a prophet does not speak to problems in a person’s life but rather to their potential. The prophet stands in your future and speaks into your present. A prophet advocates a FUTURE / PRESENT perspective rather than a PAST / FUTURE view.
What is the Efficacy of Prophetic Counseling?
1 Cor. 14:3 says that prophetic ministry is for edification, exhortation and comfort (not correction, or instruction, or discipline).
The prophetic ministry is not psychic or clairvoyant. If they were they would be very poor at it because 1 Cor. 13:9,12 says that prophets “know in part, see in part, and see through a glass darkly”. So while prophetic ministry has predictive elements it’s primary purpose is to speak to your potential and help you know what God is already saying to you personally.
Your Personal Experience with Christ ESTABLISHES You. Your Utilization of the Prophetic PROSPERS You.
2Ch 20:20 … Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.
The Pastor helps you deal with your past in order to liberate and mature you in the present. The prophet speaks to your potential and when you utilize that information it brings your FUTURE into your PRESENT.
It isn’t necessary to be a Christian to Hear from God:
God has a voice. He will not leave you without answers for your life.
Whether you believe in the new birth experience as an evangelical everyone has a personal experience with God.
God is always interacting with all men on an individual basis whether they know it or not. God’s most profound interaction with man is when He gave his son to die on the cross.
This was the initiative He took to remediate your past in order to liberate you in your present and launch you into your future (potential). This has profound implications for every individual including yourself.
Acts 17:28 tells us that all men “live and move and have their being” in him. This was Paul speaking to the Athenians on Mars Hill. He went on to say (because God is near to all of us) that we should:
Act 17:27 KJV –  That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
“You can’t solve the problem on the level of the problem.”
Albert Einstein put it this way: “You can’t solve a problem with the same mind that created it…”
Another observation is: “Things are the way they are because of what you’ve been doing. If you want something different you have to do something different”. (Otherwise the outcome you dread is assured).
In order to find a way to be part of the solution and not part of the problem you must connect to a different dataset than what you have been drawing on (experience, personal opinion, etc.). The prophetic and the ministry of the prophet are intended by God to download that dataset into your mind and heart.
Listen to Your Heart (Your Intuition):
God speaks to you through the instrumentality of human intuition. The human mind is the most commonly relied on problem solving tool. When that fails you have another tool God gave you: Your human intuition.
Women by the way are naturally very good at this.
Intuition defined: Direct perception of truth, fact, etc., independent of any reasoning process; immediate apprehension. Intuition is information presenting itself to the mind of an individual that is transrational not origination in the reasoning capacity of the person himself.
Intuition is the network node where your mind downloads from the mind of God those things that pertain to your immediate situation in life. Most people are functionally autistic when it comes to this innate capability. The prophetic and the ministry of the Prophet exist to redress that condition of spiritual autism.
The information is there but most people simply don’t have the ability to process it or apply it to their lives. That’s where prophetic ministry can help. Eph. 4:11 says the five ministries of the Christian tradition (including the prophet) are there to perfect an mature you in your innate spiritual capacity.
Paul put it this way:
Phil. 2:5 “Let this mind be in you that was also in Christ…”
The prophetic and the ministry of the prophet expose you to the mind of God. John the Baptist’s message was “repent”. “Repent means “change your mind”. You can’t change your mind unless you are introduced to another mind. The prophet introduces you to the mind of God. But you must put on that mind and wear it and own it as your own. One writer says that in this way Jesus inhabits us “as us”. That mind enters you through your human intuition. Your human intuition is the wardrobe you access to choose what aspect of the mind of God you are going to wear today.
Different Ways that God Speaks:
This information manifests in your life in several ways:
1. Dreams [Joel 2:28; Job 33:14-18] (have you had any dreams lately?)
2. Visions (day dreams, or lucid dreaming, or open eye visions). [Num. 12:6; 1 Cor. 14:31] (have you had any profound thoughts or images come to you lately?)
3. Serendipity [2 Cor. 13:1] Carl Jung discovered this an developed the theory as something he called “synchronicity”. This speaks of meaningful coincidences that point to the resolution of an immediate life issue. (Is there anything in your recent experience that has made you do a “double take”?)
4. The answers you need to the problems you are facing will not come from an outside source. Jesus said “the kingdom is within you” [Luke 17:21]. Paul said “Christ in YOU is the hope of Glory” [Col. 1:26,27].
5. The goal of the prophetic is to expose you to that resource that God put inside every man [John 1:4]. Having exposed you to that resource our secondary goal is to reconcile you to that resource (which is in effect that point of communication that God establishes in you between you and himself). Our tertiary goal which we have no control over is that you would actually come into an intimate and personal relationship with that resource who is in reality expressed in the person of Jesus Christ. This is a decision and a process left entirely up to you.
1. Rom 10:9-10 KJV –  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
There are three insights for you to adopt that will help you release the mind of the law based on past failures and present shortcomings. These insights will bring you into direct exposure to the mind of God and activate you in your destiny.
1. Lastly I have three scriptures for you:
1 John 5:19; 30 (Do what you see the Father do; make your decisions as you hear him speak). God will see to it that you hear his voice. Your responsibility is to cooperate with what you hear. Your conscience will keep you reminded.
2. Matt. 7:1 Have no opinion. Have no opinion about the way things look. Because the way things will turn out will not be controlled by the way things look. The word “opinion” here is a judicial term meaning to “hand down an opinion upon which sentence is passed”. Do what you see the Father do and have no opinion about the consequences. Perfect love casts out fear. Fear always tries to get you to control consequences. If you refuse to have an opinion about consequences that is equivalent to courage. The greatest courage is to walk in love in the face of potential loss.
3. John 12:24; Relinquish the outcome. Jesus didn’t want to be alone. Therefore he relinquished the outcome. If you wind up alone in life, isolated, solitary and bitter it will be because you failed to relinquish the outcome. This is not fatalism. But it is a transaction of faith that will be so rigorous on your person that it will fundamentally change you in order to survive. Jesus went to the cross and in order to survive was fundamentally changed. We call that the resurrection. Before the resurrection he did many things but he never walked through walls or appeared miraculously before hundreds. His resurrection brought him to a place of overcoming things and navigation situations that would have stopped him before. The same will be true with you in this situation if you will cooperate with what the Father wants to do.
NEW from Prophet Russ: Seven Days of God’s Process ***JUST PUBLISHED on Amazon*** – Click Here
Volume III The Father Says Today on Amazon – Click Here
Now Available as a Digital Download – 5 hours of Prophetic Soaking with Prophet Russ Walden and Grammy winning artist Dony Maguire – Click Here
The Next 50 Years: A Prophetic Perspective – in Paperback from Amazon.com – Click Here
ALSO – Enochian Walks with God from Amazon.com – Click Here
ALSO – Spiritual Meteorology: Understanding the 7 Spirits of God from Amazon.com – Click Here
ALSO – The Daily Prophetic Word in Paperback from Amazon.com – Click Here
Show your support for the Daily Prophetic Word::
With a One Time Donation:
To Mail a Donation our Address is:
Father’s Heart Ministry
P.O. Box 1915
Branson, Missouri 65615
To Phone in a Donation or Speak to Contact Our Office: 417-593-9802